Why do Senior Leaders change their jobs or think about doing so? What are they looking for in their work / in their careers? What do you have to do to retain them?
According to DDI report from 2021, leaders want to learn by:
- external coaching (48%)
- developmental assignments (48%)
- assessment to diagnose leadership strength (42%)
- formal in-person training (39%)
How much time do they want to spend on learning? DDI says it’s ~7.5h/week (now they spend ~4.4h/week).
Besides, leaders who spend more time managing than interacting are:
- 32% less engaged
- 1.5x more likely to feel used-up at the end of the day
- 2x more likely to leave their organization within 12 months
If you want to know more about current mood of Senior Leaders (of course with lots of stats and numbers!), have a look at our slides!
Here you can read our previous articles from the series: