Which European country had the biggest increase in the number of job ads in April? Where in Africa was the only decrease noted this month? What do executives have to say about the job market?
With the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, Career Angels wanted to understand how it actually affected the job market. We started to observe and analyze the changes that it brought. We have summarized the job market according to LinkedIn globally looking at April 2021.
Job market vs COVID-19 – analyzing the number of LinkedIn job ads
Understanding the supply of and demand for candidates in times of the COVID19 pandemic is crucial in knowing how to advise our clients not only on career management and job search, but also support our corporate clients in being more effective in their employer branding and recruitment efforts.
- Since March 2020, we have been observing the situation across the EU (unemployment and the number of job ads published on LinkedIn)
- Since September 2020, we have been monitoring a total of 80 countries on all continents
- We complement the quantitative data with detailed and personal statements & insights of our contacts (CEOs, HR Directors, investors, board members, candidates and headhunters)
Market Signals – the number of LinkedIn job ads
The changes in the number of LinkedIn job ads in all regions that we observe (Europe, Africa, the Americas and the top 20 global economies) usually showed similar tendencies, but with different timing. This month, the whole world synchronized on April 12, when all the regions noted a sharp decrease.
In our summary, we list:
- an overview of each area (Europe, Africa, the Americas & the top 20 global economies)
- winners & losers of the month
- collected quotes from executives
- tendencies in the European unemployment rates (between March 2020 & March 2021)
View the complete presentation here:
Job Market reports from Career Angels
Stay tuned and visit our website to download special Market Signals Reports available for everyone! So far, we have published:
- a special report on the Americas (May 2021 update!) & Africa
- reports summarizing the European job market situation from the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic
- a report on the Nordics specially prepared for Exparang
- a special report on the top 20 economies in the world
- a comparison of the number of LinkedIn job ads & official unemployment rates from Eurostat in 30 countries
Note: our special reports are released “live” to subscribers and then published for the public with a delay of 4-6 weeks. If you want to make sure you’re the first one to receive them, send an email to Bichl.Sandra@CareerAngels.eu, subject: Special Reports Subscriber.
Follow our Market Signals page on LinkedIn for daily insights and weekly updates on the European job market: https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/market-signals/
Where to find us?
LinkedIn: ➡️ https://www.linkedin.com/company/career-angels
Twitter: ➡️ https://twitter.com/CareerAngels/
SlideShare: ➡️ https://slideshare.net/CareerAngels/
Facebook: ➡️ https://facebook.com/careerangels.eu/