We have been recording and comparing unemployment levels vs. the number of job ads published on LinkedIn since March 2020 – to fully understand how major events (pandemic, crisis, war) actually impact the job market.
So far we have:
- gathered 13632 data points
- received over 500 insights from Executives & HR Directors
- published 96 monthly reports, 638 daily updates & 13 special reports
- tracked 80 countries around the world for 36 months!
In this presentation, you’ll find a summary of how the job markets of the 80 countries did in May 2023:
Some highlights for May 2023 in terms of published number of job ads on LinkedIn:
- Europe (38 countries): -7.92%
- only 15 out of 38 countries saw an increase
- 24 saw decreases from -1.15% – -23.87%
- 1M+ less job ads across the TOP20 economies worldwide in comparison to 2022
- 1.5M+ less job ads across the Americas in comparison to 2022 (22 countries)
For daily updates, follow Market Signals on LinkedIn.
The presentation also includes:
– advice for employers
– tips for experienced candidates
Other recommended resources
- Join our closed group on LinkedIn called “Hidden Job Market for Experienced Managers in Europe”, to access hand-picked job ad gems!
- Follow our Career Angels page on LinkedIn for up-to-date career advice around job search and career management.
- Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for tips, tools and strategies for your successful career & job search in the form of expert videos, recordings of webinars or entire courses!