This tip series was prepared with the following professionals in mind:
- HR professionals who want to ensure that their prospective candidates will find the necessary info on their company on LinkedIn; it’ll help you in talking with your marketing departments to create beautiful and effective employer branding materials!
- Independent consultants, especially for executives turned freelancers (often out of necessity as they are in-between jobs) – to help them improve their branding and first impression on LinkedIn
- anybody else who’s interested in the subject!
Let’s get right to it: Tip #2 out of 8:
#1: Complete all details
#2: Grow your audience
Now that you’ve completed all the information on your Company Page, you can start thinking about growing your audience. According to LinkedIn, once a page reaches 150 followers, the opportunity for growth becomes exponential.
Here are some tips on how to reach that milestone as fast as possible and continue growing even bigger:
- Find out who your target audience is. See what topics and articles they’re already engaging with and incorporate that kind of content into your own.
- Post content daily to establish yourself as a voice in the community. According to LinkedIn, pages that post daily get twice as much engagement as those that don’t keep a regular schedule.
- Create a routine for your posting. Decide what you’re going to do on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and stick to that routine, so that your followers know when to expect your content.
- Add a link to your Company Page in all of your marketing templates. It’s a pretty unobtrusive way to let people know that you have a page on LinkedIn. Put it in your email signature, on your business cards, add a link at the end of newsletters and blog posts. You can also add the LinkedIn “Follow” button to your website to gain followers directly from there.
- Cross-promote your page on other social platforms to reach different audiences.
- Invite your own Profile connections to follow your Company Page. You can invite up to 100 people per month by using the “Invite connections” feature – you can find it in the “Admin tools” tab.
Tip: check your Activity tab regularly to see if your page has been @mentioned – you can re-share mentions to highlight positive engagement with your brand. You can also go the other way round and ask your customers to recommend you. Re-share the posts on your Page with a thank you.
Remember to regularly evaluate your marketing actions to make sure they’re in line with your current goals. Check if you’re still up-to-date with all the relevant content and that you’re tapping into your target audiences. Next time, we’ll list a few strategies for engaging with your newfound audience.
Would you like Career Angels to help you make the most out of your LinkedIn company page? Or discuss the overall online presence of your executive team & employees? How you match against your competitors? Send us an email to Bichl.Sandra (at) CareerAngels.eu. Subject: Company Page / LinkedIn.
This article was first published on October 12, 2020 on WU Executive Academy News.