Has the European job market improved since last year? How has the supply & demand situation been changing over the past 12 months? Is the European unemployment decreasing? Are there more positions available than candidates willing to fill them? Or is it the other way round? How can companies & candidates effectively analyze the job market dynamics to find the best candidate or job search strategies respectively?
Knowing the answers to the above questions and being familiar with the current supply (unemployment, the number of candidates per job ad) & demand (the number of LinkedIn job ads) dynamics on the job market allows us to advise our clients not only on career management and job search but also support our corporate clients in being more effective in their employer branding and recruitment efforts. How does it work?
- From the employer perspective: more demand for candidates = salaries and/or benefit packages go up. The “post and pray” approach might not work. On the other hand, more candidates mean more choice and more negotiation flexibility.
- From the candidate perspective: more demand = “less effort” put into the job search (less time, more space to negotiate salary).
Watch our last live stream session to find out how the European & global job market is doing: https://bit.ly/Changes_on_the_European_job_market
Collecting & analyzing data – about the Market Signals & job market reports
With the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, Career Angels wanted to understand how it actually affected the job market in general. We started to record and compare data: the number of LinkedIn job ads, European unemployment level, the number of candidates per job ad for executives & senior managers (in English).
So far we have:
- gathered 5694 data points
- received over 400 insights from Executives & HR Directors
- published 77 weekly reports, 335 daily updates & 10 special reports
- tracked 80 countries around the world for 19 months!
Where to find us?
➡️ LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/Career-Angels
➡️ Twitter: www.twitter.com/CareerAngels
➡️ SlideShare: www.slideshare.net/CareerAngels
➡️ Facebook: www.facebook.com/CareerAngels.eu