About the initiative: we – Career Angels – have been providing a safe space for experienced managers and executives – a confidential community for managers throughout Europe who have accepted the challenge of looking for a job (actively or passively), so that they can share their experiences, support each other through listening, words of encouragement, information and inspire each other. Every meeting is accompanied by a lead topic and the most important pieces of advice in a nutshell for immediate application.
Challenge Accepted 2022 – statistics
We organized 11 events over the entire year with a proper summer break; the topics included:
- Hack LinkedIn for your job search
- Executive Identity – your personal brand on the job market
- CV for executives ≠ CV for non-executives (with real examples!)
- Elegant Networking for job-searching managers
- Hacking Job Ads & Bots
- Career decisions: heart vs. mind – who wins? And what can you do about it?
- Headhunt the headhunter for your job search!
- Strategic interviewing for executives
The meetings were attended by nearly 400 people:
- 20% from DACH
- 13% from Italy
- 13% from e.g. Belgium, Luxembourg, Denmark, Spain, Portugal, etc.
- 54% of the participants come from C/SEE, incl. Poland, Hungary, Czechia, Slovenia, Croatia
They hold the following positions:
- 13% CEOs, Country Managers, Business Unit Directors
- 12% CFOs
- 13% COOs
- 20% Sales / BD / Marketing Directors
- 8% HR Managers / Directors
- 6% CIOs / CTOs
- the remaining 18% incl. Supply Chain / Procurement / Logistics Directors etc.
And here’s what they said to us during the last meetings:
“This session was excellent. Thank you very much!”
“Thank you, Angels for such an excellent initiative and idea!”
“Thank you for today! It was professional as always”
“This initiative is always useful and interesting. Thanks a lot.”
“I am very happy to have met such valuable people as you, organizers, and the participants!”
“Career Angels, thanks for organizing such an excellent evening! Everyone, thanks for being open and sharing your stories with me.”
“Many thanks for today’s meeting. I really enjoyed the CV examples (before and after) – a real eye-opener!”
“Thank you very much to all participants! The meetings are so inspiring!”
The free online meetings are dedicated to specific career & job search topics and provide networking opportunities. Coming up:
- Jan 24, 2023: Executive Job Market – how to generate interviews in 2023
- Feb 21, 2023: What’s your executive USP? – story crafting & telling
- Mar 21, 2023: Does your CV land interviews? – with real examples
Think of these sessions as “actual” meetings, as there will be several opportunities to network. Be ready to fully engage & contribute. If you plan on passively listening, this is not for you.
The structure of the meetings:
17:45 – 18:00 arrival & networking round #1
Participants arriving after 18:00 will not be let in.
18:00 – 18:35 theory & cases
18:35 – 18:50 networking round #2
18:50 – 19:00 Q&A
19:00 – 19:15 networking round #3
Afterward, we continue our interaction in a closed LinkedIn group (by invite only!) where we also share materials.
Would you like to participate? Do the following:
- Download & sign this application form
- Send it with your CV by email to Challenge.Accepted@CareerAngels.eu
- Wait for a phone call from one of our colleagues to verify your application
Important: in order to ensure the safety and comfort of everybody, all participants – without exception, have to submit the signed application form, and be verified by our team. Only verified applicxants will receive the link and log-on information before each meeting.