About the initiative: we – Career Angels – have been providing a safe space for experienced managers and executives in this successful formula since April 2018. Due to CV-19, we adapted the format for the experience to be as effective and productive online, as it has been proven to be offline.
The underlying idea is to create a community for managers throughout Europe who have accepted the challenge of looking for a job (actively or passively), so that they can exchange their experiences, support each other through listening, words of encouragement, information and inspire each other.
Events in 2021
We organized 12 events over the entire year with a proper summer break; the topics included:
- Hack LinkedIn for your job search
- How to generate job interviews
- The media technique: how to present yourself strategically during interviews
- Executive Identity – your personal brand on the job market
- Job Search + Networking = ?
- May the bots be with you!
- Headhunt the headhunter for your job search!
- Salary negotiation in COVID-times
Challenge Accepted 2021 – statistics
The meetings were attended by nearly 500 people:
- 60% of the participants come from CEE, incl. Poland, Hungary, Czechia
- 15% from Italy
- 15% from DACH
- 10% from other parts of Europe including Belgium, Luxembourg, Denmark, Spain, Portugal and so on.
They hold the following positions: CEOs, Country Managers, Business Unit Managers / Directors, CFOs, COOs, Sales / BD Directors, Marketing Directors, HR Managers / Directors, CIOs / CTOs, Supply Chain / Procurement / Logistics Directors.
And here’s what they said to us during the last meetings:
The free online meetings are dedicated to specific career & job search topics and provide networking opportunities. Coming up:
- Jan 25, 2022: CV for executives ≠ CV for non-executives (with real examples!)
- Feb 15, 2022: Career decisions: heart vs. mind – who wins? And what can you do about it?
- Mar 8, 2022: Job search reality for executives in 2022
Think of these sessions as of “actual” meetings, as there will be several opportunities to network. Be ready to fully engage & contribute. If you plan on passively listening, this is not for you.
The structure of the meetings:
17:45 – 18:00 arrival & networking round
Participants arriving after 18:00 will not be let in.
18:00 – 18:35 theory & cases
18:35 – 18:50 moderated networking #2
18:50 – 19:00 Q&A
19:00 – 19:15 moderated networking #3
Afterwards, we continue our interaction in a closed LinkedIn group (by invite only!) where we also share materials.
Would you like to participate? Do the following:
1) Download & sign this application form
2) Send it with your CV by email to Challenge.Accepted@CareerAngels.eu
3) Wait for a phone call from our Community Manager, Magdalena Szerszeń, to verify your application
Important: in order to ensure the safety and comfort of everybody, all participants – without exception – have to submit the signed application form and have to be verified by our team. Only verified applicants will receive the link and log-on information before each meeting.