Automated recruitment processes, pre-recorded interview, ATS, Artificial Intelligence, bots… expressions we hear more and more often. How does the constant development of technology affect the recruitment processes – in particular: how do ATS work and how can you adapt your CV to them? [Spoiler: 75% of CVs uploaded to an ATS are never seen by a human recruiter!]
But first things first: what is an ATS?
ATS stands for Applicant (= candidates) Tracking System (= master database).
In other words, it’s a system that allows to track candidates, to filter and categorize them. Some ATS (especially those operating in English) have an additional function: they match a candidate’s CV against the job ad they applied to. In other words: it searches / scans the CV for key words used in the job ad or additionally added in the background.
Why do companies use it?
According to TopResume.com:
- companies receives on average 250 CVs per job ad
- large corporations receive between 50–75 K CVs per week!
- 75% of resumes will never be seen by a human recruiter
95% of large organization use ATS as part of their recruitment process, because they:
- save money & time (30-50h on physical application browsing)
- US: prevent lawsuits (discrimination) “Some AI tools have reported a 20-100% increase in gender, ethnic, and socioeconomic diversity in hires.” (source: vervoe.com)
- have all candidates in one place
What does that mean for candidates?
You need to know how to format and adapt your CV to increase the likelihood of being among the 25% that are seen, and therefore considered, by human recruiters; and consequently, increase the chances of being invited to an interview.
Career Angels has prepared a guide, a step–by–step instruction with a checklist on how to prepare such a CV and how to adapt it to job ads that you intend on applying to.
The ATS Guide will:
- show you how to find out which ATS is used by company you are applying for
- explain how to deal with keywords and adjust your CV for a specific job offer
- guide you through all formatting rules that allow you to adjust your current CV so that every piece of information is read in the right way
To download the full ATS Guide, click here.
Are you an experienced manager or executive who’s actively or passively looking for a job? Would you like to discuss your CV for both humans and ATS during a confidential and complimentary consultation via Skype? Get in touch by email: Bichl.Sandra (at) CareerAngels.eu or click on this link!