“All about off & online interviews” is one of the videos [click here] on our YouTube channel. Sandra Bichl talks about how interviewing in person is different from interviewing online and how to prepare accordingly. The covered topics include:
- The influence COVID-19 has on today’s job market; comparison of the number of job ads published on LinkedIn at the beginning of the pandemic and then (if it’s not relevant to you, skip the first 10 min)
- Interview preparation: what exactly to do before an interview to make a good impression
- Differences between online & offline interviews, incl. how to create the appropriate conditions when interviewing online
- Standard questions: what questions can be asked and how to prepare your answers to be successful, followed by real examples
- 4 levels of interviewing skills: from basic through strategic to SIWARBE (Strategic Interviewing with Active Relationship Building Element)
- STAR: practical tips and know-how on how to use it during an interview (with obvious and non-obvious examples)
- Pre–recorded interviews and AI: what is it? Shall I fear it? Can I prepare for it?
These questions are addressed during the Q&A session:
“How to reply strategically to a “where do you see yourself in 5 – 7 – 10 years?” question”?
“I had more than a year of break at work. How to explain to the employer why it was so long?”
“I worked in many companies – approximately for 18-22 months in each of them. This is something I cannot change. I do have a reasonable explanation about the reasons to change each job. How to convince the potential employer that I want to stay for at least 3–4 years in the new company?”
“I have already been terminated and exempted from work since March, but I am still employed. How do I deal with this in an interview regarding my current situation? Should I mention it openly or pretend that I’m still working?”
Don’t forget to subscribe!
If you are an experienced manager who needs support in preparing for an interview (online and/or offline), request a free 30–min career consultation by sending an email to Bichl.Sandra@CareerAngels.eu or fill out the form here. For efficiency, add your CV and availability for a Skype call. We offer one consultation per person.