With the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, Career Angels wanted to understand how it actually affected the job market. We started to observe and analyze the changes that it brought.
- Since March 2020: we have been observing the situation across the EU (unemployment and the number of job ads published on LinkedIn)
- Since September 2020: monitoring a total of 80 countries on all continents.
Tracking the demand for candidates, that is – if and how much – companies are hiring, gives quite a good feel of the overall trend on the global job market.
Market Signals – the number of LinkedIn job ads
The changes in the number of LinkedIn job ads in all areas that we observe (Europe, Africa, the Americas and the top 20 global economies) usually showed similar tendencies, but with different timing. However, there were moments when the whole world synchronized: in 2020 between November 16 & 23 and in 2021 at the beginning of March.
In our summary, we list:
- overall winner & loser regions and countries
- most & least stable countries
- upward tendencies
- a commentary on the smallest countries
This is a full version of the summary “1 year into the COVID-19 pandemic”. View the complete presentation here:
Stay tuned and visit our website to download special Market Signals Reports available for everyone! So far, we have published:
- reports summarizing the European job market situation from the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic
- a special report on the Top 20 Economies in the world
- a special report on the Americas & Africa
- a comparison of the number of LinkedIn job ads & official unemployment rates from Eurostat in 30 countries
If you are a senior candidate who might need support / guidance: You can access the following services confidentially and free of charge:
- CV Report
- Career Consultation
Email Bichl.Sandra@CareerAngels.eu who will personally match you with the most relevant Career Consultant. To save time: add your CV and availability for a Skype / video call. [One CVR or Career Consultation per person.]
If you want to support your (future) former employees: Request an offer for outplacement services by sending an email to Zadrozna.Anna@CareerAngels.eu. For further information visit.