Based on our statistics we know that under the assumption that
- your CV is flawless & targeted
- you’ve drafted a well-written and “good” cover email
between 30-50% of recruiters and decision makers WILL reply to your (unsolicited) application.
What does “good” mean?
You can obviously read our previous materials as this post on the art of writing a cover email – however this time, we’d like to share one more angle.
Delete or ignore:
- Questions that five minutes of research can answer.
- Anything too generic.
- Anything that makes them look up basic info on you.
- … to read more, including on what actually works, read the original article here.
Do you happen to have a response rate lower than 30-50%? Do you want to consult the quality of your cover email? Audit your application process? Request to confidentially speak to one of our Career Angels during a free 45-min career consultation. To schedule one, simply click here or send an email to Bichl.Sandra@CareerAngels.eu.