According to the very definition of outplacement, despite the undeniable advantages for companies, the service is essentially about helping employees.
What do they expect from outplacement?
In 2016 a survey was conducted among companies in Poland, which started or where about to start an outplacement program. The companies were asked about what their employees value / valued most in the offered services. According to Izabela Michaliszyn who summarized the results:
86% considered support in job interview preparation crucial
72% appreciated determining a job hunting strategy
66% stated that the assessment of their professional potential and emotional support were the key elements
Topics that can be discussed during the whole process are i.a.:
- job hunting strategy
- next professional steps
- paths of professional development
- emotions connected with (upcoming) unemployment (and help in rebuilding undermined self esteem which is often a result of being made redundant)
- the participant’s value on the job market
- market trends
- application documents (in various languages)
- presence on portals like LinkedIn, Xing, Goldenline
- content of application e-mails
- job interview simulation
- Assessment / Development Center
- negotiating job offer / salary
- list of potential employers and relevant decision makers
- list of headhunters
To read more about the program, click here.
Are you an experienced manager in need of outplacement support? For a confidential & complimentary career consultation, send an email to Bichl.Sandra (at) CareerAngels.eu or click here.
Would you like to discuss your outplacement strategy with us? Contact Bichl.Sandra@CareerAngels.eu to schedule a non-obligatory call.