At the end of November 2011 we started a project with a very seasoned Managing Director who had a dream, “Before I retire, I would like to set up a subsidiary in Poland for a major company from the DACH region.” Due to the confidential nature of the process, we are not able to release more details on the sector or size, but for illustration purposes, we would like to share with you what we did step by step in terms of TOP 20:
- prepare first class application documents & online presence in German, English and Polish
- diligently research the target markets
- carefully select in total 30 firms that could be interested in entering the Polish market
- identify decision makers and their contact details
- contact them using our clients email account
- wait & follow up where suitable. The texts of all emails were beforehand approved.
- correct course where necessary by targeting different executives at those organizations
- handle the email exchange
Statistics after 6 months:
Response rate: 45%
Invitations to interviews: 4 out of which 2 have declared the intention to enter the Polish market. 1 signed contract.
At this point, I’d like to share a little anecdote that our client told us, “I went to the fourth interview, knowing that I would choose company #3, so I was more relaxed. The meeting was extremely interesting and at some point they asked me how I had found them. So I told them the truth about Career Angels and that I had decided to outsource everything including the documents and cover emails, and so forth. One of the interviewers told me the following, “Please tell the lady who prepared your cover email, that she did a fantastic job. When we read it, we knew immediately that we wanted to meet you.” To what our client replied jokingly, “But I did help a bit!”
It is extremely rare that we receive feedback directly from the final recipient in such a form, but then it’s twice as nice!