- Application Documents
- Career Planning
- Free Materials
- Generating Job Offers
- In the Spotlight
- International Job Hunting
- Interview Advice
- Online Presence
- Our Updates
- Real Cases
This week we’ve researched job ads for executives across Europe and have found gems like the following:
- 2x General Manager
- Country Marketing Director @ Huawei Consumer Business Group
- People Partner Tech
- CFO @ Spryker
- Process R&D Manager @ Umicore
Here the full list:
According to the very definition of outplacement, despite the undeniable advantages for companies, the service is essentially about helping employees.
What do they expect from outplacement?
In 2016 a survey was conducted among companies in Poland, which started or where about to start an outplacement program. The companies were asked about what their employees value / valued most in the offered services. According to Izabela Michaliszyn who summarized the results:
Let’s first understand what part headhunters play when looking for a job. We define 4 steps which constitute the basic structure of the job search process. The steps are as follows:
- Goal: determine what your dream / target job should be like
- USP: discover your strengths that’ll help you stand out on the job market
- Documents: adapt your application documents and LinkedIn profile
- Interviews: generate interest and job offers using ALL for channels:
- Direct application (contacting decision makers directly)
- Headhunters ← this is where recruiters come in!
- (Online) job ads
Our statistics from 2012 – 2017 show that contacting Executive Search firms accounts for 18-23% of accepted job offers. In other words: worth doing!