- Application Documents
- Career Planning
- Free Materials
- Generating Job Offers
- In the Spotlight
- International Job Hunting
- Interview Advice
- Online Presence
- Our Updates
- Real Cases
This week we’ve researched job ads for executives across Europe and have found gems like the following:
- 2x General Manager
- Country Marketing Director @ Huawei Consumer Business Group
- People Partner Tech
- CFO @ Spryker
- Process R&D Manager @ Umicore
Here the full list:
According to the very definition of outplacement, despite the undeniable advantages for companies, the service is essentially about helping employees.
What do they expect from outplacement?
In 2016 a survey was conducted among companies in Poland, which started or where about to start an outplacement program. The companies were asked about what their employees value / valued most in the offered services. According to Izabela Michaliszyn who summarized the results:
Let’s first understand what part headhunters play when looking for a job. We define 4 steps which constitute the basic structure of the job search process. The steps are as follows:
- Goal: determine what your dream / target job should be like
- USP: discover your strengths that’ll help you stand out on the job market
- Documents: adapt your application documents and LinkedIn profile
- Interviews: generate interest and job offers using ALL for channels:
- Direct application (contacting decision makers directly)
- Headhunters ← this is where recruiters come in!
- (Online) job ads
Our statistics from 2012 – 2017 show that contacting Executive Search firms accounts for 18-23% of accepted job offers. In other words: worth doing!
Continuing our series of posts that summarize LinkedIn Learning videos focusing on career, let’s move on to the course called “Job Hunting Online”. Here are some reasons why you will greatly benefit from investing the 1 hour 55 minutes in watching it. You will learn:
- how to use LinkedIn outside of how you might know or use it: only as a professional.
- networking online platform. There are way more options that will help you search for a job than you think.